Wednesday

Wish List Mondays #37 - It's Indie Rock'n'Roll For Me.

For any of you who are familiar with Nails Inc. products, you’ll know that their gimmick is naming their Nail Polish colours after London streets and areas; colours that ‘personify’ that particular part of London: Pillarbox Red for ‘St James’, canary yellow for ‘Carnaby Street’, charcoal grey for ‘The Thames’ (no one can disagree with that…). Well I thought this was pretty cool, so I copied it with my iPod playlists – all named after Tube Stops. Hyde Park for those songs perfect for barbeques and sunbathing. Covent Garden for songs that put a smile on your face, and a spring in your step. Brixton for UK Hip Hop (natch.). Recently I’ve been listening a lot to Camden Town, the spiritual home of Indie Rock’n’Roll c.2006. Back then you could pop into the pub on the corner and you’d bump into Kate Moss, Amy Winehouse (RIP) and Pete Doherty, Alex Turner and his Arctic Monkeys, and probably a couple of The Cribs, Editors, Kasabian and Franz Ferdinand. These were not just the glory days of Indie Rock’n’Roll. These were my glory days. And, to be honest, I still haven’t really moved on. I still try and emulate Kate Moss at Glastonbury c. 2005. I like having bed hair. I like looking like I’ve stolen my wardrobe from a drugged-up rocker boyfriend. I like skinny jeans with boots, army jackets with aviators, and alcohol with cigarettes. If imitation is the highest form of flattery, then I’m practically bowing down at the altar of The Moss. So this week, in honour of Indie Rock’n’Roll, Kate Moss, and probably my own, glory days, I thought I’d put together a Wish List that 2006 would be proud of. So grab a packet of Malboro Reds, a old copy of NME, and a bottle of Glen’s because “it’s Indie Rock’n’Roll for me”.

DAY

1. Tall Hooded Lightweight Jacket, Topshop, £60. Neighbour hood, here.
2. Face Coin Ring by Laura Lee, ASOS, £185. Not just a pretty face, here.
3. Panasonic RP-HTX7 Retro-Style Headphones in Green, Play.com, £42. Press play, here.
4. Leighton Shoulder Bag, BCBG Max Azria, $268. Cold shoulder, here.
5. Mix Match Check Shirt, Topshop, £30. Check it out, here.
6. Denim Shirt Dress, H&M, £30. You gotta be shirting me, here.
7.'Nice Melody' Light Grey Suede Wedge Boots, Clarks, £60. 50 shades of grey, here.
8. Corduroy Trousers, H&M, £15. Play some cords, here.
9. Desert Boots in Sand, Clarks Originals, £79. Original gangster, here.


NIGHT
1.Paris Kitsuné Tshirt by Kitsuné, EndClothing, £49. On the streets of Paris, here.
2. Honeycomb Necklace by Bill Skinner, ASOS, £80. Busy bee, here.
3. Kitsuné Tee x Genevieve Gauckler Tokyo Tee, EndClothing, £49. Tee off, here.
4. Super Stretch Leather-Look Leggings, H&M, £13. Hell for leather, here.
5. Wool-Crepe Blazer by Saint Laurent, Net-a-Porter, £1,865. Get blazed, here.
6. Printed Chiffon Dress, H&M, £25. Print off, here.
7. Metal Trim Boots, Topshop, £80. Heavy Metal, here.
8. 6 Pack of Mid-Stack Rings, ASOS, £8. Get the stack, here.
 
 
Love,
Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...