Monday

Wish List Mondays #36 - Ode To A Rose

In the risk of sounding a bit like a stalker: I've been watching Rose Byrne for a long time. About 13 years, in fact. Back then, cable (and therefore Parental Locks) were pretty new. I watched a lot of films I really shouldn't have been able to - American Pie, Oscar & Lucinda, Titanic, to name but a few. But one particular film has remained with me for another reason than its inappropriateness: My Mother Frank was the first film I saw that starred Rose Byrne. This film was not, by any stretch of the imagination, one of Australian film's more memorable offerings. In fact, I can't even remember the storyline. The only thing I do remember is seeing Rose, and thinking just how wonderful she was. To this day, any time she comes on the screen, I say "she's my favourite actress". Not because she can move me to tears, or because her roles have been particularly boundary-pushing, she's just so very...watchable. Most people know her as her 'typecast role' - the uptight bitch of Bridesmaids, I Give It A Year, and, more recently, The Internship. Her filmography is far more impressive, with roles in Star Wars II, I Capture the Castle, X-Men: First Class, Troy, 28 Days Later, Marie Antoinette...the list goes on. But this is not entirely a big-up of Rose Byrne as an actress. This is also a fashion post, and she is one of the few people I can think of who gets it consistently 'right'. She never has a hair out of place, yet manages to look effortlessly put-together, as if she hasn't even tried. To me, that's fashion. 








Get the look:

LOOK ONE
1. Modern Jersey & Mesh Body, Topshop, £20. Touch my body, here.
2. 'Malva' Single Strap Sandals, Reiss, £129. Strap on, here.
3. Gold-Plated Multi-Stone Earrings by Bounkit, Net-a-Porter, £140. Get stoned, here.
4. Super Base Metallic Scale-Print Skinny Jeans by Sass & Bide, The Outnet, £108 (Sale Price). Scale down, here.
5. Bowler Hat, H&M, £8. Bowled over, here.
6. Patterned Minaudière, Zara, £60. Pitter-patterned, here.
7. 18K Gold-Plated Make A Wish Charm Bracelet, Kirstin Ash Jewellery, £89. Wishful thinking, here.



LOOK TWO
1. 'Alex' Silk Crepe de Chine Top by Marc by Marc Jacobs, Net-a-Porter, £195. Holy Crepe, here.
2. Embroidered Metallic Tweed Skirt by Oscar de la Renta, Net-a-Porter, £1,330. Heavy metal, here
3. Cream Lip Colour in Barely Peach by Trish McEvoy, Selfridges, £22. Life's a peach, here.
4. Lilac Rose Eye Palette by Bobbi Brown, Selfridges, £45. Artist's palette, here.
5. Pointed Ballerina with Ankle Strap, Zara, £23. Angelina Ballerina, here.
6. 'Goslin' T-Bar Points, Topshop, £68. Get the point, here.


LOOK THREE
1. Cutout Bodycon Dress, Topshop, £40. Red hot, here.
2. '2285U' Curling Wand by Babyliss, Amazon, £30. Curl up, here.
3. Colour-Intense Lipstick in 'Liable' by Illamasqua, Selfridges, £17. You're so intense, here.
4. Combined Sandal with Stiletto Heel, Zara, £30. Well heeled, here.
5. Box Office Pandora Perspex Clutch by Charlotte Olympia, Net-a-Porter, £1,595. Break the Box Office, here.


Thank you, Rose.

Love,
Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...