Monday

Living for the Weekends - St Paul's Carnival

Well, Britain, what a bloody fantastic weekend. Not only did Andy Murray become the first Briton to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry 77 years ago, we were also treated to a weekend of pure, unadulterated sunshine - something that also hasn't happened in 77 years. This weekend I celebrated the hot weather by heading down to St. Paul's carnival, a Caribbean Street Festival hailed as the "better, and less commercial" Notting Hill Carnival. And, having sampled both in my lifetime, I'd have to say I agree. Bristol's older equivalent seems far more authentic - more music, more food, and less hectic - altogether, far more Caribbean. The carnival started on Friday night and lasted into the early hours of this morning. If it hadn't clashed with Wimbledon, you would have had some trouble stopping me from pitching a tent and staying there the whole weekend. Here's what I got up to...


Cuppy filled up with Rum'n'Lemon

Beer Garden @ Full Moon Pub

Drinks & Dancing

"Has anyone seen my Mummy?"

Facepainting!

...complete with BINDI!

Facepaint Pouters 

My First Goat Curry


Friends 4eva

The Holy Trinity

Argyle Road

Balloons?



Banksy, Park Street 
Watermelon Crusher / Nectar from the Gods

What did you get up to this weekend?

Love,
Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...