(All Red Carpet photos sourced from vogue.co.uk.)
This years Oscars saw two big trends on the Red Carpet: Nude Tones & Navies. Led by Oscar Winners Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence, nude is effortlessly classic and super-flattering. If you prefer darker tones, navy - as seen on Nominated Actress Helen Hunt - is much less boring than black, and doesn't drain your skin tone...
Get The Look1. Sequinned-Shoulder Gown, Mango, £120. Buy it here.
2. 'Tizian' Earrings, Swarovski, £100. Buy them here.
3. 'Nanette' Shoes, KG Kurt Geiger, £130. Buy them here.
1. Chiffon Maxi Dress by Wal G, Topshop, £40. Buy it here.
2. 'Filippa' Chain Mail Box Clutch, Reiss, £125. Buy it here.
3. Chandelier Crystals Necklace, Mango, £23. Buy it here.
4. Dinner Jacket with Satin Collar, The Kooples, £415. Buy it here.
5. Jacquard Dress Suit Trousers, The Kooples, £175. Buy them here.
6. Navy Silk Knitted Tie, Reiss, £55. Buy it here.
7. 'Anton' Black Shoes, KG Kurt Geiger, £110. Buy them here.
Obviously, the most fun you can have on Oscars night (besides finding yourself trapped in a closet with Ryan Gosling), is slating the people who made epic fails in their outfit choices. The theme of disasters this year seems to be 'Dancing on Ice', with gowns that wouldn't look out of place on a competing ex-Hollyoaks actress. Here come the Fashion Police...
Alright, that's enough bitching - time for this week's Wish List!
1. Short-Sleeved Panel Shirt, Topshop, £34. Ask the panel, here.
2. Crystals and Chains Necklace, Mango, £43. Be part of a chain gang, here.
3. Stripe Fishnet Underwire Bra, Topshop, £16. Bras and Stripes, here.
4. Grey Cotton-Blended V-Neck Sweater, Uniqlo, £20. 50 Shades of Grey, here.
5. Knitted Zip-Back Jumper, Topshop, £36. Zip it, here.
6. Jacquard-Patterned Carpet Handbag, Zara, £80. No magic carpets were harmed, here.
7. Black Imitation Leather Shorts, French Connection, £50. BDSM-Chic, here.
8. Sparkle Earrings, H&M, £7. Add a bit of sparkle, here.
9. Two-Tone Round Sunglasses, Topshop, £14. Hold the tone, here.
10. Two-Tone Sandals, H&M, £30. Lower the tone (to your toes), here.
11. Nail Polish in Valley, Topshop, £6. Down in the Valley, here.
12. Lip Paint in Peach, Barry M, £5. Just peachy, here.
13. 'Amore' Black Court Shoe, KG Kurt Geiger, £110. That's amore, here.