Tweed - as seen on the Ralph Lauren and Burberry catwalks. Dress it up or wear it with trainers (my personal choice).
Yellow - not neon, sunshine. As seen on the Louis Vuitton and Gucci catwalks.
Emerald Green - as seen in Burberry Prorsum and Gucci. Gain inspiration from the 'Emerald City' out of The Wizard of Oz.
Duck Egg Blue - as seen on the Givenchy catwalk. Along with Emerald Green, this is my fave colour for this year.
Oriental - as seen on the Loewe, Proenza Schouler, Isabel Marant and many others. Personally, I think it's best to do this trend subtley, but if you're one for statement pieces, look no further.
Monochrome - as seen, uh, everywhere. This one's gonna be big, people. From Marc Jacobs to Chanel, everyone had a bit of B&W going on. Large stripes seem to be the order of the day, but I quite liked the subtlety of small polka dots and checks used in the Chanel show. Hey, each to their own.
Delicate Sandals - as seen in Topshop Unique. This wasn't a huge trend, but I'm going to branch out and say that I think 90's style, thin-straped, high-heeled sandals are going to have a comeback. ...or I'm just gonna wear them by myself.
- Ankle Boots - especially heeled (good news for me, as I just bought another pair.)
- Hats - unless you can't wear them. KNOW YOUR LIMITS, LADIES.
- Bomber Jackets - not my favourite trend, but I might be tempted by a retro, oversized man's one.
- Cropped Trousers - wear with heels unless you are blessed with the legs of Gisele.
- Embellishments - it would seem that all that glitters isn't gold, but it does look damn pretty.
- Leather - why would you ever throw it away? Although think less biker jackets, more skirts, dresses and trousers (but try not to be Ross in that Friends episode).
- Fur - stash it away for next winter.
- Platforms - still going strong, although not the 'flatforms'. Chuck them away, you don't have a cleft foot.
THROW AWAY/GIVE TO AN ORPHAN
- Wedge Trainers - which sucks, because I really like mine.
- Military - this includes khaki and camouflage...wah.
- Patterned Leggings - I mean, did anyone honestly wear these? Apart from 15 year old girls?
- Neon - you're not at an underage rave.
- Peplum - thank fuck for that.
- Bodycon - ditto.
- Tie or Dip Dye
Ok, back to me. Inspired by my research, I have compiled a Wish List for this week of things that I would actually wear. So, in case any of you care, here it is:
1. Quilted Tweed Jacket by Barbour, Coggles, £100 (was £200). Tally ho, here.
2. Bird Embroidered Shirt, Topshop Premium, £65. Birds of paradise, here.
3. Contrast Pocket Cashmere Jumper by Chinti & Parker, Matches, £305. Emerald City chic, here.
4. Chambray Shirt, Topshop, £29. Nothing but (pale) blue skies, here.
5. Leather Skirt, H&M, £60. Don't forget the talcum powder, here.
6. Cream Trilby Hat, Topshop, £20. Cheap Trills (sorry), here.
7. Snake Bangle by Elsa Peretti, Tiffany & Co, £400. Snake charmer, here.
8. Mid-Heel Tassel Loafers, Topshop, £68. Loaf around, here.
9. Buddha Charm Bracelet, MyFlashTrash, £115. Get lucky, here.
10. Duck Egg 'Falabela' Wallet by Stella McCartney, Harrods, £310. Cool blue, here.
11. Pointed Court Shoes, Topshop, £58. Make them green with envy, here.
Well that's all for this week, folks. I hope you enjoyed.