Saturday

Sausage & Rosemary Spaghetti

Last week, me and my boyfriend had - as most couples do from time to time - a bit of a domestic. Nothing major, just a bit of a tiff. I'm a girl who can't stay in a negative environment, so I went off to have a few drinks with a girlfriend and clear my head. Unbeknownst to me, my lovely boyfriend had gone out and bought a whole load of ingredients for dinner, and was busy cooking this dish when I walked through the door. Let me just say: this is no ordinary sausage pasta. And this comes from a student who eats a lot of pasta. Not only does it use up whatever you have left in the fridge, it smells incredible and tastes damn good. I was so blown away by this pasta that the disagreement of earlier was totally forgotten about... Forget make-up sex, I give you: Make-up Pasta. Bon appetit!

Serves 2 (or one person who didn't eat lunch...)

You will need:
Sausages (around 6)
1 x Large White Onion
Garlic (to your taste)
2 x Courgettes
Spaghetti (approx. 250g)
Rosemary
Butter
Oil 
Salt & Pepper to taste
Parmesan to sprinkle, if you are that way inclined.

Saucepan
2 Frying pans

What to do:
1. Put on a big pot of salted water to boil.
2. Dice up half an onion, chop up some rosemary, and crush some garlic.
3. Skin the sausages. In other words, make a slit down their casing and take the inside out. (Here's what I made earlier...)
4. Break down the sausage meat so it essentially resembles a pink goo. It will look better later, I promise.
5. Preheat a saucepan with oil, butter, some salt and pepper. When the butter is melted and bubbling, add it all in, stirring it around as you go.
6. Dice up the other half of the onion. You may also crush some more garlic if you wish.
7. Grate your courgette.
8. Heat up the remaining saucepan with oil, butter, salt, pepper, and add in the rest of the ingredients. Don't stir. You want the courgette to be a bit browned. Here's one I made earlier...
9. Your water should be boiled by now, so chuck in your pasta.
10. Keep stirring your sausage meat until it gets a nice golden brown on it. Like this...
11. Once your pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sausage saucepan. Turn the heat down low. Stir.
12. Your courgettes should be cooked by now too, so take them off the heat and chuck them in as well. Stir.
13. You'll end up with something like this...

14. To serve, throw in a couple of rosemary leaves and sprinkle on some parmesan.
15. Eat.

Full Moon, Half Moon, Total Eclipse!
Love,
Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...