Tuesday

Tune Tape Tuesday #12

Looking at this week's Tune Tape, it would seem that music has mirrored life. I've been in a bit of a contemplative mood of late - not just because I've been cooped up revising for exams (which are all over tomorrow - WOO). I've suddenly realised that 2013 is going to be very different than any year that's gone before it in my life. Finishing university has always loomed big in my mind; a big, flashing, neon sign of freedom - but now that it's actually, like, a 'thing', it's pretty freakin' frightening... I'm guessing a few of you are in the same position. Chill. Change is good - especially when you've got an awesome soundtrack. Listen on, dear friends!

Tune of the week goes to the illicitly named Cocaine 80's with Fly Ass Pisces. Even in freezing cold January this song manages to transport you to a warm, sunny place. With a groovy 90's Hip Hop backbeat guaranteed to make your head bounce, this song is straight-up sexy, yo. Next up we have the simply ah-mazing Active Child, who was featured at numero uno on last week's Tune Tape with his cover of Ellie Goulding's Hanging On. This week, he's singing one of his own, Johnny Belinda. I said it last week and I'll say it again - this guy is gonna be big. Watch this space. For those who like a bit of Indie/Folk, Mighty Oaks and Ivan & Alyosha should fit the bill. The former has a definite Ben Howard sound to them, the latter has been labelled 'Beatles-esque' (although personally I don't see it). And with lyrics like "if I could wake my crooked heart, if I was there right from the start"; it perfectly reflects the mood I've been in this week. Much love goes out to Two Inch Punch and their remix of the fabulous Jessie Ware's 110% (If You're Never Gonna Move). Jessie's album was one of my favourites of last year, and T.I.P have definitely done her proud with this very stripped back, chilled interpretation. The Weeknd - the world's new favourite band - has been perfectly paired up with Truth in this dark Chillstep number. Perfect for those long, cold nights where you just want to immerse yourself in a track. Finally, I've spent all week trying to find a good remix of my guilty pleasure 'du jour' - Rihanna's Diamonds, and managed to find this one by Kaspersky Project. Unlike most of the generic house remixes of the song that are out there, this one is actually pretty decent. Give it a listen and let me know what you think!



Love,
Belle x

2 comments:

  1. Jessie Ware is amazing. 'Wildest Moments' is a tune. If there's any justice, she'll pick up a Brit this year. Great blogging Belle. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe - you too. See what you think of this version: https://soundcloud.com/joshkumra/josh-kumra-wildest-moments

    Makes the most of the lyrics I think... Hope you're well - keep up with your blogs! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...