Monday

Wish List Mondays #23 - Start of Summer Special

HOLY SMOKES, BATMAN! La Belle et La Bête has reached 10,000 hits in just over 6 months! When I started this, on a rainy Sunday night, I never thought anybody would read it, let alone TEN THOUSAND bodies. So, before I start on this week's Wish List, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone for their support and views; it's really made my year.

Today I made the trip back up North after an extended Easter break in Surrey. Falling out of the train very ungracefully, I had a strange experience: it was...hot. And sunny. In Manchester. Bearing in mind that Manchester is about as close in weatherly attributes to Narnia as you can get without going through a wardrobe, I was understandably surprised and overjoyed in equal measure. It also got me thinking about...say it quietly so not to jinx it...Summer! When I plan my holiday wardrobe, I have a few timeless looks I turn to for inspiration...



1. Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday
Think cinched waists, gladiator sandals, and open-necked shirts. Perfect for those cultural Summer city breaks, strolling around the cobblestones, gelato in hand. 




2. Gwyneth Paltrow in The Talented Mr Ripley
If you want inspiration on how to update Aud's 1950's look, or how to transfer it to the beach, take a leaf out of Gwyn's book in The Talented Mr Ripley. Invest in high-waisted bikinis, bold prints, and suntan lotion. Lads - Jude Law is always a good look.





3. Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon
For those who haven't seen this, rent or buy it immediately as it will change your life. Or simply change you into a lesbian. A young Brooke Shields is possibly the most beautiful thing you will ever lay eyes upon. The look here is 'castaway' - crochet and lace, long hair and tanned limbs. Lush.


So this week, I've scoured the internet and put together a Wish List that I hope manages to blend together all these styles in a way that you'll be proud to showcase on a city/beach/seaside resort near you...


1. Loose Fit Satin Blouse, H&M, £15. Buy it here.
2. Brushed-Chambray Playsuit by Thakoon Addition, Net-a-Porter, £332. Buy it here.
3. 'In Bloom' Crochet Dress, French Connection, £150. Buy it here.
4. Yellow Floral Pleat Skirt Dress, Topshop, £48. Buy it here.
5. White Pineapple Bikini, Topshop, £32. Buy it here.
6. Sicilana-Print Canvas Tote by Dolce & Gabanna, Matches, £1,115. Buy it here.
7. Stripe Canvas Mouse Espadrille by Marc by Marc Jacobs, Matches, £205. Buy them here.
8. Cat Eye Sunglasses with Contrast Highbrow, ASOS, £12. Buy them here.
9. 'Contra' Wedge, Kurt Geiger, £140. Buy them here.


Finally, here are my personal best Summer styles I've worn over the years ...






Love,
Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...